This article will cover how you might go about changing your server’s version.
Prerequisites: You must either own a NitroNode server or be on the set-up page when purchasing a new server.
We will cover several ways you can change your server’s version.
- Manual Installation & Changing Version.
- Modded Minecraft.
- From the JAR Selector.
- During purchase you will be prompted to either Chose a Server Version or Preinstall.
- Firstly, click the “upload your own” section to allow the pop-up, this will show you the different version we offer.
- After selecting the type of platform you’d like you will see a new drop-down, this is where you select the version, for this example I will preinstall Minecraft 1.15.2.
- Once this is complete finish the key details when signing up, when purchased, the server will be ready for your use.
- Click start load up your game and enjoy the version!
Manual Installation & Changing Versions.
Manual installation is a way you can change your version. This means not using our PreInstaller and doing It yourself. In this example I will show you how to change your server to spigot 1.16.1.
If you’ve selected upload your own when registering a new server this will be the steps you should take.
If you are replacing your current version, make sure to backup the files of your old server, then delete them. You can then continue with the steps.
- Firstly, download Spigot 1.16.1 (or the specific version you want).
- You can upload your .jar file via FTP Client or with the web-based FTP (located in the left-hand navigation bar from the server panel under Files -> FTP File Access).
- Simply drag and drop your .jar file into the main directory of your server.
- Once this is done go to your server Control Panel and locate Jar File.
- Put in the name of the download .jar file and click Save.
- **Note that the .jar name has to match exactly**
Installing Modded Minecraft.
To upload a Modded Minecraft jar file. Firstly, make sure you have a server capable. Search what modpack you’d like in this tutorial I will use Tekkit Classic.
**Note not all modpacks may have downloadable files.**
- On the Tekkit website I can see the download button, simply download the server version of the files.
- Once downloaded you will receive a .rar file. Drag and drop all contents in your Minecraft server files. You can do this via our website or FTP client.
- Once you have uploaded your files go to your Control Panel and find the Jar File.
- For this modpack it is Tekkit.jar.
- Once you have told the server what jar file it needs to run the server from simply press start and enjoy the modpack!
Follow this link for more information about installing modpacks.
Using the JAR Selector.
We keep an up-to-date collection of versions available to download directly to your server. This is by far the easiest way to change your server version.
- First, stop your server from the server panel.
- The JAR Selector is located in the main Control Panel.
- Click the drop-down menu and select the version you would like to use.
- Once selected click the 'Save' button.
- Now you can start your server and enjoy!